The History of Valcolatte
The history of Valcolatte begins in Stagno Lombardo, in the province of Cremona, on 11 November 1914 when Enzo Panizzi, having obtained a dairy contract, left for the First World War and left everything in the hands of grandmother Cesira, who started the work and put standing a well-functioning company. When he returned from the war his grandfather found the dairy transferred to Monticelli d ‘Ongina and full of a well-stocked warehouse.
The two cheese pioneers had six children; always working between rennet and molds, we arrive in 1960 when their second son, Ciro Panizzi, father of Enzo, took the production from San Protaso to Montanaro, in the former De Rica plant. Valconasso on the wings of two very young Enzo and Liliana: the new Panizzi was about to transform into Valcolatte, an intense production of fresh cheeses was started, and Giuseppe Villa, father of Liliana, a successful entrepreneur, was supporting the two budding dairy entrepreneurs. in the field of road transport and derivatives from quarries for cement factories.
In the following years, Valcolatte, with increasingly strategic products, began its expansion first in southern Italy and then throughout the north.